Video Description and Notes
- Question and Answer segment on “How to fix excessive hip spin and slice”.
- I Feel like I lack weight shift with the lower body and I tend to rotate the hips too much (too much separation) which seems to cause a slice shot. How can I fix this?
- Too much separation signifies that you are out of sync and you could be using too much rotation of the hips because of the lack of lateral movement.
- Too much separation could be caused by using too much hip movements, and no abs.
- Having a weak or unengaged core will cause your shoulders not to follow through right away, causing too much separation.
- Imagine using your primary abs as the source of movement. I show you a visualization exercise involving a finish line.
- To you, it will feel like your legs are staying very still when in actuality from other’s perspectives it will look like your legs are in use during this motion.
- Once you get comfortable with this exaggerated feeling, you will be able to control the separation and be in sync, eliminating the slice!