Video Description and Notes
- Today I will talk about your hips and shoulders, very important aspects of your body in relation to golf.
- Definition of what I consider “back muscles” and “front muscles”
- Back muscles: Tension in the wrist, forearm muscles, front part of the shoulders
- Front muscles. I.T. bands, side of your thighs, glutes, shoulder blades.
- Many people say use your hips and shoulders, but I focus more on the front muscles and back muscles.
- When you tell somebody to use their hips and shoulders, they usually use their “front muscles” and makes the swing look very handsy and armsy.
- Golfers should first focus on using both back muscles and not the front muscles.
- Next time somebody tells you to use your hips and shoulders, remember to focus on your back muscles.