Video Summary and Notes
- Today I’m going to talk about the basics to pitch shots in golf.
- The difference between pitch shots and chip shots is that if you are 5-20 yards from the pin, then those are chip shots but if you are further away, then they are pitch shots.
- Chip shots and pitch shots are similar because your stance is narrow with a slightly open stance. You also start with 60% of the weight on your left foot and you don’t want to shift your weight.
- There are also 2 differences. Chip shots are short so our stance should be very narrow. About the distance of your fist.
- For pitch shots, my stance is slightly wider than Chip shots. The ball position is still left to the middle.
- In a regular swing, you should use these body parts in this particular order: Thigh, hips, back and shoulder blade.
- When it comes to chip shots, since it is not a full swing, you may only use the thigh and/or hip and a little back.
- I show you a drill you can use with a golf head cover to make sure your arms are all in sync. This will keep your shots consistent.