Video Notes and Summary
- Today I’m going to talk about the very basic fundamentals of chipping which starts from the setup.
- For chipping, you have to stand narrowly, body slightly open and 5-10 degrees left to the target. The weight distribution should fall mostly on the left foot.
- Maintain 60% pressure and weight on the left foot so you can maintain your position in the backswing.
- In chipping, you don’t shift your weight as you would in a normal swing. You want to minimize lateral movement.
- Don’t just use your hands, you still use your entire body even though it’s very nuanced.
- With chipping, you will turn your head with the ball and you shouldn’t keep your head down the entire time. Turning your head will allow you to have more control over the spin and direction.